It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:11 am 
Tiron
Tiron

Hello Members of the IDF Modelling forum. First and foremost, thanks to the admins for approving me to join.
My name Bryant Hardee and I live on the Central East Coast of the US and I have been involved in building plastic models since my youth (1972 to be exact). I would say that I began my true first attempts at fine scale modeling in 1981 and began using airbrushing in late 1982. Since that time I have built a few IDF related subjects ranging from aircraft (F-15A/C, F-16A/B/C/D), and various pieces of Armor (Tanks mainly). In the spring of 1983 I started building an IDF based combat diorama scene based on one I saw in a publication (which featured a scratch built M51). I wanted to build an M51 also but the was not kit of one at the time and expensive scratch build/kit bashing was the only way to build one. I ended up buying the old Tamiya 1/35th Centurion with the intent of modeling the early Sho't variant and simply replacing the main gun barrel with an L7 105mm barrel from one of my Tamiya M60A1 kits. It turned out better than my expectations and the diorama took 1st place in a small local contest. Anyhow, since then my focus on IDF model subjects has mainly been aimed at Armor only (as IDF Armor is a fairly vast and interesting subject). I have built a Merkava I & II and an Magach 6B (Academy M60 Blazer Armor kit) and I have boxed kits of an Academy M113 Zelda and a Dragon M51 which I will build at some point. I am currently planning a Merkava IV build but I needed more info on accessory parts for Trophy APS and other enhancements (hence my joining this forum). I will mostly be using the forum to find existing posts on kit subjects of interest and from time to time, I may ask a few questions on kit/accessory resources.

I look forward to gaining new ideas for my planned builds.

Regards,
Bryant Hardee

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:30 am 
Site Admin

welcome brother and hope you enjoy
cheers
kev

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:15 am 
Shiryoner Kavod
Shiryoner Kavod

Welcome Bryant,
You'll find plenty of info in the forum.

Paul.

Magach 6 Reish.
Magach 3.
Merkava 4 LIC.

It's a mother beautiful bridge and it's gonna be there!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:17 am 
Tiron
Tiron

Thank you very much! I am quite impressed by the quantity of subject material here as well as the level of talent of builders. It will certainly be of great help for my planned build subjects.