It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello From East Anglia
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am 
Tiron
Tiron

Hi Guys (and Gals ?),This is my first post on this site so I thought I`d take it to introduce myself. I have been making plastic models since I was nine years old(thirty-six years now),I started with 1/72nd scale aircraft of which I made over four hundred. These started with Airfix`s ME 163 and wound up ranging from WW2 aircraft right up to modern day subjects,these i ended up donating to the Norfolk And Norwich Aviation Museum when my parents had to move house.
After this i got seriously into 1/35th scale armour which started with Tamiya`s Ardennes King Tiger and i also started a sideline in 1/32nd scale aircraft connected to the particular conflicts that i was modelling in armour.
My interest in Israeli hardware began when i was watching the nightly news and saw Israeli tanks that were involved in the Lebanese conflict in 1982,i was intrigued with what i saw and began to research the IDF at my local library, especially how they refurbished old equipment to find new uses for it.
I was also fascinated by Israel's on-going development of the Merkava tank (i am really impressed with Israel Tal and his perseverance in development of what is one of the finest main battle tanks in the world) and try to keep up by buying the various mainstream model kits of this vehicle. My hope for the future is that a major manufacturer will produce a range of civilian 1/35th scale trucks so i can mount some IDF armour being transported to the front as seen on the news recently.