It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Kid on the block...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:36 pm 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Hey Gang,

My names Mike and guess what? I'm new here...:D anyway, glad I'm part of this site/forum. I'm a huge fan of Israeli Forces and I have several models that I have that are waiting to be build with Israeli markings. Currently I'm building a 1/32 Mig-23 that carried Star of David on it. The progress is bit slow as I was commissioned into building a 1/200 Mighty Mo for a local gallery. So, it's taking up a lot of my time, but the projects will continue to roll of the shelf and shared with fellow modelers here's. So, don't change that dial because we'll be right back after these messages.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zebvFBNZ3Mg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

Mike
welcome to the site and hope to see some of your work soon
I have built a few battleships in the past and hard work

catch ya and hope you enjoy :D :D
cheers
kev

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:01 pm 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Kev,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Glad to be hear and you ain't kidding about hard work on modeling ships. I'm going to be using Pontos PE set and I didn't realize how detail it is. Every place on the ship where there is climb ladder...there is PE for each step. Most of the time I do aviation modeling, so it's sure is nice building this ship, regardless of a lot of work require on it compare to a jet. I'm enjoying it thoroughly :D

Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:15 pm 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Welcome Mike!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 pm 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Welcome, and perhaps you might be interested in this build of BB-63, by a Swedish modeller:
http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4261
If Google translate completely obfuscates the text, drop me a line and I will translate for you, but I guess the pictures speak for themselves.

/Göran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 am 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Mike Bhangu wrote:
Kev,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Glad to be hear and you ain't kidding about hard work on modeling ships. I'm going to be using Pontos PE set and I didn't realize how detail it is. Every place on the ship where there is climb ladder...there is PE for each step. Most of the time I do aviation modeling, so it's sure is nice building this ship, regardless of a lot of work require on it compare to a jet. I'm enjoying it thoroughly :D

Mike

Hi Mike--

I hear you on the Mighty Mo. I have the same kit and am taking a break from it right now. The PE gets to you after awhile!

Welcome--you will enjoy it here!

Regards,

Tim W.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:00 pm 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Goran, thanks for the link buddy. I will have to check it out with a translations link because those guys sure did might fine work on the Mo. I'll let you know if I need any help in translation ;)

Tim, glad to hear that your working on a same kit. I'm building this for a friend who was given a nick name Missouri by his back seater. They use to say when the Mighty Mo starts moving you better stay clear and when the guns are turning...watch out...someone's gonna get the boot :D Even though there is a lot of PE to go through I think I'm going to have to build one for myself if, and I mean if, Kim @ Pontos will come out with 86 conversion in 200. Keeping my fingers crossed :)