It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:29 am 
Tiron
Tiron

Hello Guys,

My Name is Torsten nearly 49 years old and I live in Germany. I found this forum via a link from another site and was totally amazed by the wealth of knowledge and informations in this forum.

I am an ex-German Army tanker, having served on M48A2GA2 and very interested in the history of tank warfare and military operations from 1914 up today.

I came back into the hobby in late 2012 after stopping in 1989. About six months ago decided to take on armor kits again. In a effort to improve my weathering, airbrushing and building skills, i'v done Tamiya's M5 Stuart and M41 Walker. I have bought a few kits recently and a stash is developing!

Best regards
Torsten

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

Torsten,
welcome to the site.
Dont be scared to ask lots of questions as our members are always glad to help explain techniques.
I am always amazed by the skill level seen here and always learning new tricks.

enjoy

cheers
kev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:36 am 
Tiron
Tiron

Hi Maciek. That is so cool that you still have your first model in your collection...I wish I still had mine (Airfix Yak 9D). Is that a fresh cow pat above the right wing of the Starfighter?!! Talk about fine details! Brilliant dioramas. You have some fine models there.

Matchbox 1/72 Meteor NF11/12/14
Hasegawa 1/72 Grumman Cougar
Airfix 1/72 A4 Skyhawk
Italeri 1/72 Macchi MB326A
Monogram 1/48 Grumman Panther

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 am 
Shiryoner Arad
Shiryoner Arad

Thanks you for good words. Yes, you are right, near Starfighter wing is cow pat (and cow which did it a moment ago :shock: ). That was a little joke also like Milka cow, and goat which is eating ejection seat :D Soon i'll try to show you my another models.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:57 pm 
Shiryoner Kesef
Shiryoner Kesef

Dear All, greetings

I am Gilbert-Nathanyel,
I am a Safety and Security Advisor
I collect miniature liquor bottles and enjoy scale modeling
My main interest is IDF model-kits on a wide range
My favorite thanks are the TIRAN-5 /MT-55A
My favorite APC is the ACHAZRIT
My Military Interests cascades down to engineering vehicles in all their categories
My first IDF model was a TIRAN-5 by ESCI – 1995, which I built together with my family
I am here to make friends with you all, to learn the discipline of scale modeling and if possible to contribute by adding value to this exclusive board
Thank you
Gilbert

Attachments:
File comment: TIRAN-5 1995
TIRAN-5 1995.jpg
TIRAN-5 1995.jpg [ 249.09 KiB | Viewed 8307 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Gilbert,
welcome to the site
hope you enjoy the company :mrgreen:

cheers
Kev

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:50 am 
Shiryoner Kesef
Shiryoner Kesef

Hello All

I have returned after a long absence. Some personal issues caused me to drop off the earth for a while but I am slowly crawling back and hope to get my modelling table cleared off and get back to building very soon. looking forward to seeing what marvels you have all been putting out during my sabbatical.

Paul Shearer

73' M-60 "Slick"
56' Su-100
SLA Tiran 5
Mier
Tamar

Paul Shearer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 am 
Site Admin

Paul,
great to see you back and hope all is OK.
Modelling is good for the soul so hope we can help with your return to earth :D

cheers
kev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:12 pm 
Shiryoner Kesef
Shiryoner Kesef

Hello there!
My name is Mitko Nikitov. I am 33 years old and currently I live in Bulgaria. I am interested in modeling since I was 10. I flew for more then 13 years in GA. My primary interests are in aviation, big scales mostly. Recently in AFV, and especially Merkava tanks. Found about this forum, researching about my first Merkava, because I don't know much about tanks. So here I am, sharing my latest work with you!
Nice to meet you all!
Greetings to all,
Mitko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:10 am 
Tiron
Tiron

Hello from Sunny Hereford,

My name is Brian O'Donoghue and I live and work in Hereford UK. I have been modelling since I was a young boy with the usual breaks for life etc. I am a former soldier and spent twelve years with the Royal Engineers and completed a few tours with the UN. I enjoy building many different eras and have recently had the IDF bug bite so this seemed a good place to visit. I feel that my skills are average and I have been fortunate to have some work published. I am very fortunate to have a dedicated workspace for airbrushing and I am able to leave that set up, along with my 'photo studio' - a place in my garage.

I work as an administrator in a residential care home for the elderly and I am married to the boss! I have two grow up children and my son is working in China as a teacher. I also enjoy photography and reading so our house has many books.

The large scale bust was actually my first bust and certainly not my last, the vignette is called Problem with a second vignette planned that will be the opposite. For anyone wondering about the watermarked images, I had one of my images turn up in a book, so as a rule I watermark all images that are online.

So, thank you for allowing me to join and looking forward to sharing, reading and generally picking up more hints and tips.

Brian

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next